"Working Toward a Greener Tomorrow"
Fleet & Equipment Maintenance Supervisor
Sunset Recycle & Sales Ltd. is seeking energetic, results driven, experienced Supervisor for its Fleet & Heavy Equipment sector at its new Fort McMurray location. This position will report to the Operations Manager and will be responsible for providing the required supervision, direction and support services for the local and long haul trucking services along with the coordination of maintenance support and services to maintain the fleet of heavy equipment used in the various day to day recycling processes.
- Work with the Operations Manager to ensure Sunset sales targets are met by communicating daily operations and fleet requirements.
- Lead Sunset Recycle & Sales Ltd. Transportation in Safety and Compliance.
- Ensure that all incidents (such as personal injuries; transportation collisions; spills etc) are promptly reported, documented, root causes identified and corrective/preventative measures implemented.
- Provide direction and support for all activities related to dispatching, routing, tracking transportation, maintenance of vehicles and equipment
- Plan, organize and manage the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the work is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives.
- Monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets.
- Negotiate and authorize contracts with equipment and materials suppliers, and monitor contract fulfillment.
- prioritize the repair of all equipment by delegating the Repair and Maintenance responsibilities to the appropriate people
- position will involve direct supervision of the company's mechanic, contract mechanics, welders, lube and service employees
- coordinate maintenance requirements and service activities of the equipment to obtain optimum production and equipment availability
- resolves work problems and recommends work measures to improve productivity
- contribute as part of the management team towards the accomplishment of organizational objectives
Background & Skills:
This position requires excellent communication skills in English both oral and written as well as a comprehensive understanding of provincial and federal transportation regulations. Candidate must have working knowledge with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook Express. Previous management experience in medium to large transportation, construction company is preferred. Experience with CMMS and electronic dispatch systems are preferred but not mandatory.
A clean driver’s abstract, valid Class 1 Driver’s License, CSTS and pre-employment testing is required.
If you feel that you meet the criteria for this position, please forward your resume to
Sunset Recycle & Sales Ltd. by e-mail with the position applied for in the subject line to:
Or by fax: 780-749-0345
Only those qualified that have submitted their resume as outlined will be considered for this position.